Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Thursday, May 8

Bike Month stuff

As you already know, May is bike month. And here in Saratoga Springs, next week is Bike Week. Events here in the city are organized by the Saratoga Healthy Transportation Network, and include a bicycle give-a-way on Saturday (and only the economically disadvantaged need apply). Everyone in the city is encouraged to bike to work next week, as part of "Bike to Work Week."

I've heard that Supervisors Yepsen and Veitch and Commissioner Kenneth Ivins III will all be riding somewhere. I gather that Ivins will ride to city hall, but I'm not sure about Yepsen or Veitch who don't have offices in City Hall. Anyhow...

If you ride a bike to work this week, next week, last week, I want to talk to you for a story I'll be writing next week. If you're an employer who provides bicycle parking for your emlpoyees, I want to hear from you to. Tell me about your bicycle commuting habits, I'm all ears.

email: abernstein@saratogian.com
phone: 583-8729 x219

On another note, there will be a special bonus Friday post tomorrow, as I will be in New York City on Sunday. Originally, the trip was to celebrate Mother's day, but my Mom decided to split town when she heard I was coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home