Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Sunday, February 1

Dems name Congressional candidate...

Despite arguments made by other bloggers, it seems that a sleeper and little-known (to me, anyway), businessman from Glens Falls will be the Democratic candidate for the 20th Congressional District.

I don't know anything about Mr. Murphy, other than some very basic biographical information, so I leave the bulk of today's post to you, dear reader. What do you think of the dem's choice? Will he be the candidate to keep the nation's largest congressional district in the hand's of the donkeys? Or will Jim Tedisco, with much better name recognition, steam roll him and any other Democrat who stands in his way?

One thing is for sure, it's going to be a very interesting election. Speaking of which, does anybody know when Paterson is going to call for this election? Seems like it should be any day now.

I wanted to apologize for my sloth-like pace in posting this weekend's comments on the blog. I'll do my best to be faster in the future. Happy to Superbowl Sunday!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew J Bernstein:

Oh no! Now you're linking to the blog of Republican hate monger "Horatio Alger"!

Isn't it bad enough that HO fills his own blog with anti-union, anti-minority, anti-woman, anti-Democratic venom? Isn't it bad enough that the Saratogian hard copy edition has a long history of supporting smug Republican small town, small-mindedness?

Now you're joining the reactionary movement too?

How did you get to be so old (and so stupid) so soon?

February 2, 2009 at 7:22 AM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

Last time I checked, I am aging at the same rate as everyone else, which means that I'm not getting any older any sooner than anyone else.

The author of iSaratoga, whether or not you like and/or agree with him/her, makes many contributions to the larger conversation over life and politics in Saratoga Springs.

In linking to iSaratoga or any other blog or website, my aim is to offer my readers greater depth. This sometimes means that I link to iSaratoga, other times to (dis)utopia of Saratoga Springs, and occasionally even to other newspapers. It should not be read, in any way, as en endorsement of "Horatio Alger's" views.

As you probably noticed, my only purpose in linking to Horatio's post on Suzy Ballantyne was to show that another political spectator had gone out on a limb to offer his prediction and analysis, and had been proved wrong.

I fail to see the harm in that, and I certainly don't think it warrants name calling.

February 2, 2009 at 9:16 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew J. Bernstein:

Please. If you want "greater depth" and think "name calling" is unwarranted, stay away from "i-saratoga" and "disutopia." There's nothing but right wing hatred and slander there.

February 3, 2009 at 2:17 AM 
Blogger Horatio Alger said...

Although Ballantyne was the front-runner when I wrote that post...

February 4, 2009 at 1:51 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home