Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Tuesday, November 3

2009 Election Night live blog: And we're off!

Greetings!

Web editor Stephen Shoemaker here (just one of me, despite Andrew's pluralization of my surname below, of which you can be sure I mocked him mercilessly), filling in at the City Desk while reporter Andrew J. Bernstein is dispatched along with the rest of our reporting staff to the Republican and Democratic camps or rounding up results in county and municipal races.

So here's how this is going to work: Bernstein and reporter Emily Donohue will be with the Republicans at the Holiday Inn in Saratoga Springs, while Mareesa Nicosia will be across the street, stationed in the Inn at Saratoga, where the Dems are going to be holed up.

The "old guard" Democrats, we've been informed, will be in Gaffney's.

The reporters will be phoning in updates, quotes, hopefully some photos and whatever else might be of interest to you readers. I'll be manning the phones and keeping you updated on the latest that we know in terms of numbers and whatever else comes across my desk.

The main thrust of this live blog will be the City Council races here in the Spa City; though additional details about other races may crop up.

So settle in, grab a snack and a beverage, and hit refresh every 10 minutes or so (no guarantees what the average time between each update will be, but I kept rather busy during our last election live blog). On our end we've been fetted with pizza, soda, leftover Halloween candy (and in my case, some espresso earlier in the evening), so we're ready to go.

In the meantime, I think I'll go brush my teeth. See you all soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home