Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Thursday, April 1

Dear "anonymous",

There have been a series of comments I have chosen not to post from an anonymous reader who claims the mayor and Finance Commissioner Ken Ivins have "announced" a new round of layoffs to department and union heads, quoting exact numbers of DPS and DPW employees set to be let go.

The reason I have decided not to post these comments is because when I called the mayor, Commissioner Ivins, and union reps, they all said that this so called "announcement" never happened.

For those of you who have valid tips, please contact me directly. If you have a tip with soild info that I can follow up on and get some answers, I'm all ears. If you want to remain "anonymous" for publication purposes, so be it. If I burnt my sources, I wouldn't be a very good reporter.

That said, you can reach me at pdonges@saratogian.com or 583-8729 ext. 219. I'm also in the office Mon-Thurs usually from 10 a.m. until around 7 p.m.

Regardless if you wish to remain anonymous in print, I'm going to ask you your name if you call with a tip.

Thanks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About time some one did something to halt the rumor mill . there is way to much being said about things that are not founded in fact

April 5, 2010 at 1:33 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home