Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Sunday, January 27

No council meeting Tuesday

Well, aren't I the fool. I came into work this morning without very much on my plate. I was going to write an advance story on Tuesday evening's council meeting, catch up on some emails, and work on a few things for the coming week.

But, when I opened my email I noticed that the city council meeting agenda, which is usually emailed to me the Friday before meetings, was missing. Hmm.... that's strange I thought. After all, it's been two weeks since the last meeting, there must be one this week.

I went over to our fax machine and rifled through the pile of faxes there. Nothing. So I surfed on over to www.saratoga-springs.org, to look for the agenda there. The calendar didn't list any meetings after last Wednesday's Planning Board Meeting. Strange.

So I walked across the street to City Hall, and looked on the bulletin board where meeting agendas are usually posted. There were agendas for upcoming Zoning Board of Appeals meetings and the Design Review Commission, but none for City Council. Well, by now my head was spinning with theories of conspiracies designed to keep the meeting agenda out of my hands.

I went back to the office and called Deputy Mayor Shauna Sutton, who patiently explained to me that City Council meetings happen on the first and third Tuesdays of every month, not every other Tuesday. This Tuesday, being the fifth Tuesday in January, would have no meeting. Well, aren't I the fool.

Just goes to show that when you get in the groove of attending either a City Council meeting or a Planning Board meeting every week, it's easy to loose site of that fine distinction. Woops... I guess I'll chalk this one off to experience.

Fortunately for me, state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli announced today the finding of an audit of the Thruway Authority; findings that argue against proposed toll increases. That story kept me plenty busy all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home