Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Wednesday, November 26

YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE!!

This may look different, but you are at the City Desk blog. It took a few weeks, but my blog finally got the new skin I was promised a few weeks ago, when we launched our latest web platform.

I'm excited that readers will now have the illusion that my blog is hosted on the Saratogian's own website, even if it is, in fact, still hosted by Blogger/Google.

In any event, although the look has changed, nothing else has. My ability to link to older posts has been temporarily interrupted, but don't worry, I'll get that straightened out (along with making the archives easier to navigate) in short order.

City Hall was still reeling from the months-long budget process today, with 2/5 of the city council checking out early for the holiday, so not too much to report.

In my estimation, Thanksgiving is the greatest of all holidays, and I hope everyone reading has a plan to spend tomorrow with loved ones. In reflecting on the past year, I am grateful for many things, not the least of which is that I was able to take the holiday off from work to spend the day with my family. County reporter Ann Marie French, whose family is more local than mine, volunteered to work over the holiday, and for that I am very grateful.

Eat a lot, give a lot, enjoy, and I'll see you on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home