Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Tuesday, June 10

Tornadoes, Thunderstorms, and Heat Waves, Oh My!

It's really hot out. The heat makes me more lethargic than your average boa constrictor after it's just swallowed a goat whole. I hope I don't have to run from any tornadoes this afternoon, as I don't know how much get-up-and-go I have in me at the moment. Hopefully the hardworking men and women of National Grid's line crews are less lazy than me, as they have their work cut out for them with more than 1,000 customers in the county without service this afternoon.

Things could certainly be worse. Early today, I read an article about a village in China that engineers and soldiers flooded, in order to avoid a dam collapse upstream. Between that Earth quake, and the still unknown loss of life caused by that natural disaster, and the tsunami in southwest Asia, I suppose we really are lucky to *only* be sweating a bit more than normal.

All the same, I can't wait for temperatures to return to more tolerable levels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home