Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Monday, September 8

The primary is nearly here....

Ommmm....

Ommmmmmm......

Ommmmmmmmm........

Serenity now...

The primary is now merely 13 hours away. I returned home to an unprecedented amount political junk mail this afternoon. It seems that Democrats from the United Democrats and Democrats for Change each think they can win control of the city committee by filling voter's mailboxes with waste paper. It's not a race for votes, it's a race to kill trees.

The interesting thing for me has been realizing that I have no idea of who to vote for in any of the races, and I think (I hope), that I know a little more about the races than the average voter, as a result of my coverage of the races. After the amount of blah campaigning, letters in The Saratogian, and various absurd allegations, I'm equally underwhelmed by candidates from both parties in pretty much all of the races.

So, on this, the eve of primary day, I don't have any advice for voters who might remain undecided, not in any of the races. Every one is a politician, and every one has run a political campaign, and no one has emerged with their message wholly intact or pure. And that, I suppose, is politics as usual.

In any event, I hope the primary's coming (and going) will bring us some serenity, at least until the Presidential Campaign kicks into high gear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home