Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Monday, August 25

All quiet on the city desk

It's August. It's hot out. The Travers just happened, and now the city needs to recover. There's no Planning Board meeting this week.

Whatever the reason, it was absolutely dead here on the City Desk today. Not a peep out of City Hall. I did, at one point, talk to a secretary about when the Council's next agenda meeting will be (since city Government is closed for the holiday on Monday), but that was about it. No matter, I had the chance to do some features writing, and some time working on stories to come up down the line, and that's never a bad thing.

Unfortunately, I also arrived early this morning, with a mind to attend a DEC hearing about an oil spill in DPW garage way back in 2007. Then the hearing was postponed. No word yet on why the hearing was postponed, but of course, I will dully report back when I have news on the front. I hope this city shakes of its lethargy soon, I need something to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home