Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Sunday, August 17

Kicking and screaming, I'm back!

It's not that I don't love me job. I do. It's just that I love vacation so much more. Can you blame me? I mean, who doesn't love a week away from work?

Unfortunately for me, I missed what turned out to be a very exciting news week. First we had County Supervisor loosing an appeal to get on the ballot in the race for state senate, and subsequently leaving the race. Then we had James Wiley plead guilty to sodomizing a 16-year old boy. Wiley, the uncle of previously convicted Douglas Conrad, will be going off to state prison for a little while, and will have a hard time finding a place to live upon his return, all of which is what happens to child molesters.

Of course, I would have loved to have covered these stories, but so it goes. Many thanks to my co-workers Paul Post and Neil Kirby for picking up the slack while both myself and county reporter Ann Marie French were on vacation.

Now back to full strength, we're ready to bring you news of the world. Look for more exciting stories upon the start of the regular work week, and enjoy the nice weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home