Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Sunday, November 9

Change is a-comin'

On Tuesday evening The Saratogian will unveil yet another new website. Although changing web platforms too often can get a little tiring, I think this new one will prove to be the best we've had, at least since I've been here.

For a preview of what it will look like, check out The New Haven Register. It's a much cleaner look, and is hopefully more easy to navigate. It will also let us do cool things like embed video and maintain RSS feeds. Some behind-the-scenes stuff like cleaner URLs will also be a part of the new site.

With the new web platform, changes will also be coming to The City Desk. Although this blog will still be hosted by Blogger, and will still be accessed at the same URL (www.saratogacitydesk.blogspot.com), this blog will get a new look to match the paper's new website. There might be ads placed on the blog, and there will be links to other content, aside from those that I embed.

Those changes won't happen immediately, but look for them in the coming weeks. Although I would still prefer a platform for the blog hosted on the paper's website, I'll take what I can get. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great and I hope that the Saratogian's site will load as fast as the The New Haven Register...tho, I could do without the all the pop up ads.

November 10, 2008 at 5:20 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home