Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Wednesday, April 15

DRC review of the City Center

Of course, the good stuff to come out of tonight's DRC discussion of the City Center didn't come out until after deadline, but as I'm typing this, the seven commissioners are discussing the proposed design, and although I'm only half-listening to the web cast as I finish up some other work, I think it's fair to say that the body has concerns about the project.

What I'm hearing is that the DRC is worried about the lack of a Broadway entrance, and the pedestrian experience of walking by a mostly-glass wall, and whether or not it provides enough a pedestrian interaction.

Other concerns were of a sloping slice taken out of the building's corner.

What I haven't heard yet is that with the building's orientation, sun shining into the building in the afternoon could make the convention space uncomfortable and/or neccessitate shading, which would obviate the intent of showing the world what's going on inside. Of course, this may have been addressed after I left.

Look for follow up in the paper in the coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home