Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Thursday, August 27

Night shift

The clock on the computer reads 11:35 p.m. and I'm still at work. Since there was no election today, this can only mean one thing: I am filling in on the copy desk for City Editor Paul Tacket.

Although this has been a long day, I do appreciate the occasional opportunity to work on the night desk, as it reminds me of the hard work that the copy editors do on a daily basis to make sure that the stories we write all day actually make it onto the page.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to my next night on the desk, but tonight's interlude wasn't the worst thing, as sometimes it's good to walk a mile in a co-worker's shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home