Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Thursday, January 6

Hugh Farley appointed to top Senate committees

Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos has appointed Senator Hugh Farley, R-Schenectady, to the Rules and Finance Committees.

Here are the GOP assignment rosters for each.

Rules: Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos (Chair), Senator Tom Libous (R-C-I, Binghamton) (Vice Chair), Senators Jim Alesi (R-C Perinton), Hugh Farley (R-C, Schenectady), Kemp Hannon (R-C, Garden City), Owen Johnson (R-C, Babylon), Bill Larkin (R-C, Cornwall-on-Hudson), Ken Lavalle (R-C-I, Port Jefferson), Carl Marcellino (R, Syosset), George Maziarz (R-C, Newfane), Mike Nozzolio (R-C, Fayette), Steve Saland (R-C, Poughkeepsie), and Jim Seward (R-C-I, Oneonta).

Finance: Senators John A. DeFrancisco (R-I-C, Syracuse, Chair) , Jim Alesi (R-C Perinton), John Bonacic (R-C-I, Mount Hope), Hugh Farley (R-C, Schenectady), John Flanagan (R-C-I, East Northport), Charles Fuschillo (R, Merrick), Martin Golden (R-C, Brooklyn), Kemp Hannon (R-C, Garden City), Bill Larkin (R-C, Cornwall-on-Hudson), Ken Lavalle (R-C-I, Port Jefferson), Betty Little (R-C-I, Queensbury), Carl Marcellino (R, Syosset), Mike Nozzolio (R-C, Fayette), Joe Robach (R-C-I, Rochester), Steve Saland (R-C, Poughkeepsie), Jim Seward (R-C-I, Oneonta) and Senator Cathy Young (R-I-C, Olean).

From the release: "The Senate Finance Committee is also responsible for reviewing bills or resolutions that provide for an appropriation. In addition, the Finance Committee is responsible for reviewing nominations sent by the Governor for appointments, and moving the nominations to the full Senate."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home