Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Wednesday, July 9

Brief meeting tonight.

What can I say? I'm speechless. My bi-monthly trip to the Planning Board, earlier this evening, was the shortest ever. 90 minutes from start to finish. This was eased along by the fact that half of the four items on the agenda were scratched prior to the start, so the board was left with only two applications to discuss, and one letter of credit. Fine with me, I had my hands full with four other stories for tomorrow's paper!

The board has rescheduled what would, ordinarily, be its next meeting, on July 23, as that's opening day for the track. Instead, the board will re-convene on July 30. That's fine with me, as the 23rd is the opening day for the Empire State Games, and I was in the midst of a crisis, trying to figure out how I could be in both the city council room and Binghamton at the same time. Crisis averted, thanks racing season!

In other Planning Board news, the board will meet on August 13. With several large projects delayed, delayed, delayed, the board scheduled the meetings to hopefully avoid a hellish September. September may well will be hellish, but at least the planning board (and I) won't have to endure an undo number of applications! Cheerio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home