Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Tuesday, September 9

Election Night

Woo! What a rush. After my indecision yesterday, I made up for it today by going to the poll, and not voting for any of the city races.

A glitch with the County Board of Election's web-based reporting system notwithstanding, election night seemed to go pretty well. Election Day is another story, there were reportedly problems with the state's new ballot marking machines, which were put in place primarily for disabled voters, but were available for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable that lever or electronic machines used in other parts of the county are recording votes accurately.

Now that the results are in, I can honestly say that I'm shocked that the Democrats for Change took nearly all of the seats on the city Democratic Committee. Honestly, I was convinced that the party would remain split.

Other results are not shocking at all. Roy McDonald won the GOP primary to succeed Joe Bruno? No Way! Mike Russo won the Democratic Primary? Again, I'm shocked.

I'm now going to take a five minute breather before gearing up for November's general election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home