Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Tuesday, July 14

Uni-cam-shafted

Steve here. Hello.

I've snuck into the City Desk blog again because I thought this was worth getting all your opinions on:

In an Op-Ed piece yesterday in the New York Times, Rick Lazio (you all remember him, right? The would-be state senator from Long Island defeated by Hillary Clinton in 2000 and now a potential candidate for governor next year) is putting the call out to convene a state Constitutional Convention.

Nothing odd there. I doubt I'm alone in my belief that, given the nonsense of the last month, it's a necessary step. I think the interesting kicker, though, is that he wants to see a unicameral legislature established.

"Unicameral" takes me back to fourth-grade social studies.

Maybe it's a good idea; I don't have an opinion on it just yet. But I really don't see it happening.

What are all your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home