Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Wednesday, December 23

CLOSED, Pending new management

No, not a joke. More of a holiday gift to myself.

As announced here at The Saratogian yesterday and around City Hall earlier today, as of Jan. 4, I will be assuming new responsibilities as Sports Editor at The Saratogian. As such, I will be surrendering this blog.

My last day as city reporter is Dec. 29, and you can expect new posts on a semi-regular basis until then (allowing for some holiday slacking). After that date, things will likely be quiet on this blog until we hire a new reporter to cover the city beat (interviews are already underway), and until that person gets settled into their new job.

I am very excited about my new role at the paper, and looking forward to giving it my full focus and attention. Of course, I will miss many of the wonderful people I've met and had the opportunity to work with over the past two years -- but at the same time, I'm looking forward to working with a whole new range of people over on the sports side.

Since I started this blog nearly two years ago it has flourished into one of the best-read features of our fledgling website, and allowed me to interact with a vocal (if small) contingent of commentors. Whether or not they made themselves heard, this blog has become a daily stop for many readers, and I am very proud of that. We saw 13,000 visits in November. I hope that I added something to conversations about politics in Saratoga, I hope that you got as much out of it as I did!

I also remain proud of the state press award I won this year for work on this blog -- an award that shows as much of my readers commitment to reading as it does to my own work. For now, it's on to the next thing. Miss me if you like, but as I've been telling people all week, I have every confidence that the next reporter to sit in my chair will do an even better job with this blog (and city coverage) than I have.

Happy Holidays! AB

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays !

Congratulations !!

December 23, 2009 at 9:46 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job the past couple years AB. Congrats and keep up the good work.

December 23, 2009 at 11:44 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Saratoga Democratic committee will miss you.But I won't

December 24, 2009 at 10:56 AM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

anon 10:56: You and I have more in common than you might think. I won't miss you either!

Happy Holidays!

December 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"CLOSED, Pending new management"

This will be the sign hanging on the front doors to City Hall come July when Ivins grand paid parking plan takes a nose dive and the state audits the cities finances.

Brilliant!

December 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM 
Anonymous Broadway Bill said...

Good luck and best wishes on your new assignment, young man.

Gaining experience in multiple areas will certainly bode well for your professional growth.

December 29, 2009 at 1:19 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home