Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Friday, April 15

The City Desk: Closed for business, pending new management

As I'm sure some of you have heard, I will be departing Saratoga Springs as of next week for a new job with WAMC, Northeast Public Radio, in Berkshire County, Massachusetts.

I hope that in my 15 months (and 220 posts) as curator of the City Desk blog I have lived up to the level of reportage established by my predecessor. Thanks to all of you who have kept reading and commenting and occasionally calling in with tips or just to shoot the breeze. I hope I have upheld my roles as an objective observer, critical investigator, and source of easily digestible information.

Also, big-ups to the City Council meeting regulars; Al Calluci, Kyle York, John Tighe, John Kraus, Peter Tulin, Phil Diamond, any and all sources working in City Hall, and anyone else who was nice enough to stop and chat with me whether at City Hall or on the street. These are the people with their fingers on the pulse of city politics, and I cannot thank them enough for letting me into their world.

Saratoga Springs holds a very special place in my life and I will surely be returning often. Thanks again for reading, hopefully I'll see you around sometime soon.

And now, to play me out, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Elvis Costello...



Thanks again,

Patrick H. Donges

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick
It was a pleasure reading your stories and seeing you in action around town.
Best of luck to you in your career and in life
happy tails

Pat

April 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM 
Anonymous Kyle York said...

You will be missed by a city in need of serious City Hall coverage. You did an excellent job of reporting fairly and factually in a City where personalities transcend politics. The blind allegiances are as counterproductive as the bitter hatreds.

Your new job is an excellent "get!" I look forward to following your career on WAMC. The Berkshires are alive with hot news, from the arts to alternative energy... and GE's active PCB clean-up in Pittsfield.

Make Dr. Chartock proud.

-Kyle

April 16, 2011 at 5:24 PM 
Blogger Ben lives on said...

You will be missed. Good luck to you

April 16, 2011 at 7:02 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick - Thanks for everything and Good Luck with your new position !

It will be different 'hearing' you as opposed to reading....

April 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM 
Anonymous Rick Thompson said...

Patrick, the pleasure was ours. Good luck.

April 17, 2011 at 12:35 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home