Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Friday, July 11

Altercation in City Hall

*9:43 p.m. After receiving a call from my one of my editors expressing some concerns over this post, I have edited it.

This morning I received an anonymous message on my voice mail that said two employees of the city government got into any altercation following a budget workshop on Thursday. The altercation was so heated that the caller stated a third city employee had to leave his office to settle the dispute.

Accounts of the incident differ, and since I wasn't there, I can't say which accounts are accurate, however, I have confirmed that this event did, in fact, take place. Out of my desire to not drag anybody through the mud, I've removed the names of the above party. I will tell you this: both of the two people involved in the altercation are members of the same political party, and appear to have been arguing over a budgetary matter. That being said, it was reported that other government employees were able to maintain their decorum at a time when some could not.

I have received one comment on this blog blasting me for not revealing the names of those involved, but I have not posted it out of my desire to respect the privacy of those involved. I maintain that I can report on this incident without getting into the he-said-she-said which would necessarily accompany the mention of names.

Have a nice weekend, I know I will!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew,

You have received some very bad and incorrect information on this one. The incident as you desceibe it dod not take place. I was there.

July 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

anon 2:48

If you have additional information about the incident, please call or email me. I am happy to keep your name a secret, but would like to hear your account.

The same goes for anyone else.

July 13, 2008 at 3:17 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without getting into a he said/she said, you should at least identify the participants. I notice Ron Kim has a nice shiner.

July 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

anon 9:32 --
Indeed, Ron Kim was sporting a large bandage on Monday, however, he WAS NOT involved in Thursday's incident. I'd also like to point out that the altercation on Thursday did not result in a physical harm to either party. Sorry, I'm still not going to name names.

However, I'll give you this: My colleague from the Post Star Thomas Demopolis had the crack of the day on Monday, when he and I and Mark Mulholand were talking to Mayor Johnson following the agenda meeting.

Thomas to Johnson: "So, what'd you do to Ron Kim?"

badum-cha

July 15, 2008 at 9:46 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home