Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Thursday, September 11

Budget vote

Personally, I'm much more excited for tomorrow's vote on the proposed capital budget than I was for last Tuesday's primary. I think the meeting should have it all: comedy, drama, the bliss of victory AND the agony of defeat. Hopefully there won't be any violence.

Be there, Friday at 2 p.m., City Council room.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew-

I don't recall, and it may just be my faulty memory, a RFP going out for the design work for the waterfront park. If there wasn't, isn't there an obligation by the City to request competitive proposals for any work commissioned?

September 12, 2008 at 9:36 PM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

Well, smack my ass and call me Sally! Apparently, there was NO pain of defeat at Friday's vote. Everyone's a winner!

September 14, 2008 at 6:31 PM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

anon 9:36: There was an RFP during the Keehn administration. As you correctly point out, competitive bidding is a requirement of most public projects, and certainly one of this size.

September 14, 2008 at 6:33 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home