Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Sunday, September 14

Sunday Smorgasboard

Is it just me, or have I been writing a whole lot about the city Democratic Committee lately?

Well, here's some news from the decidedly less dramatic city GOP Committee:

The Saratoga Springs Republican Committee (Thursday) night elected its officers for the next two year term. John Herrick was re-elected Chairman of the Committee, and will be joined by Michael Perkins as Vice Chairman, Mike Cummings as Treasurer and Donna Martin as Secretary.

"I am honored to be re-elected as Chairman of our committee and it is my goal to continue the great successes that we have had over the last two years," said Herrick. "We have a great team of hard workers in place and we are all 100% committed to getting more Republicans elected, particularly Matt Dorsey, Roy McDonald and Sandy Treadwell during this election cycle."

Herrick and Cummings were re-elected to their posts, while Perkins and Martin, both active members of the committee, are new to their elected positions.


Press release courtesy of GOP spokesman Andrew Mangini.

In other news, my colleague Ben Arnold over at Disutopia of Saratoga Springs, has a very astute analysis of the Democrat for Change sweep of the council during last Tuesday's primary. I highly recommend giving it a read.

Finally, I feel that I should let the public know that beginning some time later this week I will temporarily vacating the city desk (the physical city desk, not digital one). With some staffing changes here at the office, my services are going to be needed for the next few weeks over on the copy desk. (Curse you lay out skills, I rue the day I ever learned Quark.).

During this time, which unfortunately coincides with the busiest and most interesting period of the political year, I will do my absolute best to keep up with this blog, but don't be surprised or alarmed if posts here contain a few more links to the outside, and a few less witty lines. (Oh yes, I'm still deluding myself into thinking that I'm witty.) Sorry to kick the week off on such a down note, but I didn't think it was write to spring the bad news on you later. Happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home