Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Thursday, December 4

Holiday Spirit

There's nothing like a little holiday spirit to end the work week.

My last assignment this week was probably the most fun: go enjoy Victorian Streetwalk, listen to some music, talk to a few little kids, come back to the office and write about it. Nothing wrong with that.

As happened last year at this time, everything seems to be relatively quiet in City Hall, now that the budget is passed. Of course, I expect things will get interesting again in the 17th, when the council meets to workshop proposals for a new public safety building.

In the meantime, I seem to be on the holiday beat. Previous to writing about the Victorian Streetwalk, I visited Saratoga Chabad's store on Broadway, which gave me information to put into a story on Hanukkah that will appear over the weekend. I'm just bursting with spirit! This is quite a change for my usual droll self.

I'm off to my dance lesson, have a great weekend, and I'll see you on Sunday!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your paper is a joke. You suck. You have no talent.

December 6, 2008 at 1:33 AM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

Someone is going on the naughty list.

December 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right, someone is going to be on the naughty list, Andy. Maybe you ought to go back to school and learn what journalism is all about. Report both sides not you own views. Anonymous is right, your paper is a joke, you suck and you have no talent.

December 9, 2008 at 8:10 AM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

If anyone has legitimate complaints about a lack of balance in my reporting, feel free to send me an email or give me a call. Posting anonymous, spiteful and derogatory comments here, without even a shred of evidence of my alleged suckfullness or talentlessness leaves you without any credibility.

December 9, 2008 at 9:29 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home