Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Sunday, December 21

Snow delay

Although I am obliged to trudge my way to work, no matter how atrocious the weather might be outside, many others are not so compelled to leave their houses on a snowy Sunday. As such, when I went for a walk in search of The Saratogian's next 5W interviewee, I noticed that many establishments on Broadway and the surrounding streets were desolate today.

So much for a last-minute reprieve for ailing retailers in the waning moments of this holiday season. I haven't heard any reports from the malls, but if the halls of those hallowed palaces of retail were anywhere near as empty as Saratoga's streets, I fear the worst of retailers in this part of the country.

For my part, I have yet to spend a cent this holiday season: every retailer's worst nightmare. Like any good Jew, I am, of course, waiting to take advantage of post-Christmas sales. Happy holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home