Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Thursday, April 23

Free Food Week comes to an end

If you're anything like me, there isn't anything better than free food.

So, I was pretty excited to learn that Moe's was giving away free burritos on Wednesday, and the brand-new Chipotle was giving away free burritos today. Of course, Ben and Jerry's gave away free ice cream on Tuesday, but I didn't hear about that until it was too late.

So, a few co-workers and I piled into the car and went for a burrito yesterday. Today, Steve Shoemaker and I went out to Chipotle to complete our comparison. In doing so, we also demoted reporter Emily Donohue to the burrito eating JV squad, as she passed on round two.

Anyhow, I'll admit to being a big fan of Moe's, even though I usually do my best to eschew chain restaurants and driving to Wilton, but Chipotle may be giving them a run for their money. Prices are comparable, as are choices — as long as you only want to eat a burrito. Moe's has more choices for non-burrito eaters.

BUT, Moe's pulls into the lead where portion is concerned, serving up foot-ball sized servings of deliciousness. Chipotle, which is owned by the McDonald's Corporation, serves a still-large burrito, but it's definately more modest in size.

I hope everyone got out there to enjoy the burritos as I did. If not, I'm sure it tastes almost as good after you've paid for it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check your facts...chipotle hasn't been owned by mcdonald's since 2006

April 24, 2009 at 3:17 AM 
Anonymous demroc said...

hmmm, funny how free food week and the 4/20 date have fallen on the same week. free munchies for all.

April 24, 2009 at 9:40 AM 
Blogger The Saratogian City Desk said...

anon 3:17 a.m.: I stand corrected, please excuse the error. Now, get some sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipotle_Mexican_Grill

April 24, 2009 at 9:59 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home