Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Wednesday, December 24

This just in: I'm out

We'll, its been another busy week here at the City Desk. Despite the Christmas holiday, the city government is moving along at full speed. I even received a call from Mayor Scott Johnson, who was at work this morning. Johnson was later spotted having difficulty navigating a snowbank at the intersection of Maple and Lake avenues. Whose job is to clear away snow anyway?

Anyhow, I'll be spending the first part of Christmas day at the New England Presbyterian church, where members of the Temple Sinai congregation will be serving Christmas dinner for the EOC soup kitchen, in order to give the EOC regulars the holiday off. And although I've volunteered for such duties in the past, I will be there as a reporter tomorrow.

Following my one assignment, I'll be working on the night desk, which I volunteered to do so that one of my colleagues could get home to see her family for the holiday. Since I'm wearing two hats tomorrow, I've made the executive decision to call this my last post for the week.

Actually, this will be my last post for 2008. Beginning Friday, Dec. 26, I will be on vacation for nine glorious days. I will return to work on Sunday, Jan. 4, rested and ready to tackle the new year.

If you have an urgent new item during my vacation, please contact Asst. Managing Editor Betsy Demars at 583-8729, x335, or Web Editor Stephen Shoemaker, 583-8729, x221.

Happy Christmaquanzikkah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In regards to Ron "I'M Not going to participate KIM"...aS A PUBLIC OFFICIAL HIS RESPONSIBILITY IS TO COOPERATE WITH THE NEGOTIATIONS. IF HE HAD ANY SENSE HE SHOULD FEEL RELIEVED THAT HE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROMDIRECT NEGOTIATIONS WHERE HE WOULD BE HELD HOSTAGE BY HIS OWN EMPLOYEES WHO JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET ENOUGH. LET'S NOT FORGET THE OUT OF CONTROL OVERTIME THE POLICE HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THAT HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO CONTROL. LRT'S NOT FORGET KIM LEFT THE COUNCIL TABLE IN A BIG HUFF ON AT LEAST TWO OCCASSIONS..IS THIS THE ACTION A RESPONSIBLE ELECTED OFFICIAL SHOULD INDULGE IN? SOME HARD NOSED NEGOTIATING WITH THESE UNIONS ARE LONG OVERDUE. HIS FARCICIAL IDEA TO HAVE HIS DEPUTY AND THE HUMAN RESOURCE PERSON TAKE OVER THIS CRITICAL JOB INDICATES HE IS MORE ADDLED THAN WE THOUGHT. THE PUBLIC SAFETY GLUTTONS WHO DON'T EVEN RESIDE HERE SHOULD BE SENT PACKING AND ABSOLUTELY NO RAISES SHOULD BE OFFERED IN THIS CRITICAL TIME. SLOPPING THE HOGS HAS GOT TO STOP!

December 25, 2008 at 7:28 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew...

A good way to spend Christmas - being of service to others.

Thanks!

Elliott

December 28, 2008 at 11:05 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous - You sir are a moron.

December 28, 2008 at 9:43 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home