Blogs > Saratogian Newsroom

The Saratogian Newsroom blog, complete with thoughts and commentary from our newsroom staff and regular posts on happenings around town.

Sunday, January 4

Happy New Year!

As promised -- although not without a bit of kicking and screaming -- I'm back as promised, after a long and productive vacation.

Of course, I'm neither rested nor relaxed, but that's OK.

While most of my colleagues are working on (and being criticized for) articles looking back at 2008, I'm planning on spending time this week looking forward to 2009, to try and get ahead of what the year will have in store for us here in Saratoga Springs.

If anyone out there has any burning questions on their mind, feel free to pass them along to me, and I will do the best I can to incorporate the answers into any future reporting.

Obviously, the biggie this year, will be the coming city elections, which must already be on the minds of city officials. In a two-year election cycle, there isn't much time to get stuff done, and I do feel bad that our commissioners have to start running for office so soon after getting into office. But, they knew the deal going in.

Anyone have any picks for who will comprise the City Council, come Jan. 2010? In the near-er term, anyone have thoughts on who will run for office? Will the city parties back incumbent candidates, or continue to divide themselves? Most importantly, will any of our current commissioners want to remain on the council, spending another two years in their thankless jobs?

So, it's a new year, and I'm looking forward to the countless stories that we'll bring you this year. I hope you're looking forward to reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home